10 Best DJ Controllers at Juno

Sunday 30 January 2011

The Effects Of Software On DJing Today

470734


Animated Video on how Some DJs Act Today!
Press Play To View This Video, PLEASE NOTE! IT CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE!!

 

OK so I was talking to a friend this week, A friend who works in Moscow Russia, He is American & went over to the Russian Capital to continue his trade, which I understand he has been doing for quite a while now, 20 years I believe.

I stopped working has a DJ professionally in 2005 due to the lack of good solid gigs, to keep making a living out of it.

But what is the reason for this you ask, well I can tell you, it’s simply that the trade is saturated with to many wannabe Dj who can simply charge less than you. The reason these guys can is because they can cut down on costs.

They Download a pirated version of some form of DJ software, They buy a cheap laptop & they download music from pirate websites free.

Back when I started years ago, I spent hours learning the art of DJing, learning to beat match & I mean hours, everyday after school, all weekend & every spare minute I had.
All you have to do now days is plug in a laptop, select a playlist of mp3s and your done. Just sit or stand there watching it do the work for you, Cool?
The thing that bugs me the most, is that people pay these guys to do it live, for hundreds of pounds or dollars.

Now I’m all for technology, why not! I mean something that makes life easier is great but only surely if you have learnt the manual way first. If one of the wannabe DJs laptop broke down, would they be able to continue their set? I doubt it!

So if you are thinking about becoming a Pro DJ then learn the hard way first, for the good of the trade & continue to teach others the way too. THE TRUE WAY! Before it dies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment